Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, December 17, 2007

DECEMBER

Year after year, our family has been blessed beyond measure, 2007 being no exception. Because we neglected to get Christmas cards put together in time, and because we've had so much fun reading everyone's blogs, we've decided to join the virtual world by creating a blog for ourselves. 2007 has been full of fun and as we head into a new year, we'll certainly miss all these wonderful times we've had in San Diego. Eric has been promoted to District Manager for Takeda Pharmaceuticals and we'll be relocating to the San Francisco bay area as soon as we find a place. (but don't worry, San Diego, we'll be back. We love you! :) ) Eric and I have been traveling up to the San Francisco area house hunting and we'll be back up right after Christmas continuing our search. I'll be sure to let you all know where we're settling.

We look forward to having Joan & Larry, Cory & Anders, and Mark & Lori's family over for the holidays. The only thing sweeter than reflecting on the birth of our Savior and His life, is being able to celebrate it with loved ones. I hope you all have a peaceful holiday filled with family, friends and delicious food!

Loads of Love!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your comments are working! I hope you get your music up and running soon! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete