Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Secret's Finally Out!

After a period of hush hush, it's a relief to have it out in the open. I was set apart as the Young Women's President of our ward today. I'm super excited about the calling. I know it'll be exhaustive, but oh so rewarding. So as you all come across great ideas, please pass them my way. You know I'll be needing them!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am sure you are feeling overwhelmed, but you will do great. You did so good with the young women in Merced ward that it is no surprise.
    As far as balance between family and calling, it's not too bad. When I got called it was right in the middle of girls camp and youth conference. So, I was super busy. Since then it has calmed down. The key is to plan ahead. We are planned through the rest of the year. It is just nice to know whats coming. We will have to talk. Write me an e-mail with your phone # on it. My address is lindseybwaite@yahoo.com. Good luck. I am going to need ideas for YW in excellence coming up.
    P.S. Isn't that funny that we are both the YW presidents? I guess all the experience from the years in Merced prepared us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's awesome. You will be great at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those young women are very lucky! We are missing you guys in Carlsbad! I'm glad I have your blog for updates on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you can keep a secret super dooper good! I am happy that you get to work with the gals in our ward. You'll do great and they are gonna love you! See you Sat at baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's no surprised to me that you'll make a great YW president. How fun for the girls and you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete