Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Round 7 Underway -- not so fun

This trash can represents my experience yesterday at the oncologist office.
During chemo, I just couldn't stop vomiting. The nausea was so bad for some reason. I ended up puking four different times: twice in the nurses' station trash cans, once all down my shirt (luckily my nurse had just brought in an extra scrubs top I got to borrow), and once in the toilet. They ended up giving me two iv drips to prevent dehydration and 3 anti-nausea injections. No fun at all, especially because the severe nausea lasted all day. I'm hoping for a better day today. Thanks to all of my wonderful friends and neighbors who have offered to help out. With Eric gone this week, it'd be tough to get by without you!!!

Love ya,
Bri

3 comments:

  1. That's so not fun. Sorry to hear that. I am sure it is just because you have so much chemo in your body. Hopefully it got better today. You only have a couple of more rounds of chemo. They still just plain suck though. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri I am so sorry you've been so sick. I was hoping after last chemo you would be doing even better. I wish more than anything I was closer and could come help you. Your in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana,
    This is Melissa (Forsgren) Bosen. I recently found Tiffany's blog and then found you. I was shocked to learn about what you have been dealing with the past few months. I'm so sorry for all of your suffering! A lot of people close to me are going through the same thing and I can only imagine how difficult it must be while being a mother of young kiddos.
    I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there! You're amazing!
    Email me at mbosen@hotmail.com if you would like an invite to my family blog.

    ReplyDelete