Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Friday, March 20, 2009

New Do

This is what happens when your two year old gets a hold of scissors. Twice in one week, she gave herself a beautiful haircut. Like her new bangs?

She climbed up behind me as I was typing yesterday and I thought she was just playing with my hair until I found 4" long pieces of own hair fall to the seat. As if I'm not losing enough hair as it is! Since it was from the back, I can't tell how obvious it looks. At least there were no obvious bald spots.

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow. I would be hiding all scissors immediately. Josie cut her hair one time but she is so vain that she vowed to never do that again because she looked silly. I'm sorry, but that is a really funny story for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back way too many memories. My Brianna was always giving herself a new do at that age. I kept thinking everyone would start to think I just gave really bad haicuts!I could never figure out where she kept finding those darn scissors.Even today she is still a bit heavy handed with those scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard right now!! I wish you had a picture of your new do! You've got a little cosmetologist on your hands!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! She won't have scissors in nursery will she? My children will be joining the fun in 2 more weeks. The crazy things our children do. You are laughing about it now right?

    ReplyDelete