Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Medical Update

June 24th I'm scheduled to have another port put back in since my last one had to be removed due to infection.

June 29th I start chemo again. The plan is to treat me for 3 months before doing another scan. After 3 months, if results from the scan come back clean, the doctors will declare my cancer to be in remission, which I'm sure is going to be the case! Then...we're off to Hawaii to celebrate a clean bill of health. Who's in?????


As for now, I'm feeling great! This past week I've felt practically normal again; though I still struggle to do a pushup. :) Patience, patience, right?

8 comments:

  1. Amazing. We're still praying for you over here. Keep up the good healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could still run circles around me. It's great to know you're almost done with chemo! (we hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see the update.. Just letting you know you are still in our Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for you everyday. You so deserve remission and Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in!! I'll come to Hawaii to celebrate with you any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so amazing. Yeah for Hawaii. You deserve that trip more than anyone. Everything is going to be great. Just a couple more months. I could not be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle to do a push-up, too, but my excuse isn't nearly as good as yours :))

    Yay...you're going to Hawaii???

    Bri, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you'll soon be in remission. What a journey you've been on. One of these days you'll have to write a book about it. I'd love to hear how this experience has enriched your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bri!! Mark and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in February...can you wait that long? Have Eric talk to Mark about it...
    Continuing to pray for you-
    Karen Timothy

    ReplyDelete