Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scenery

I just wanted to share with you all the beauty we are fortunate to enjoy. We hear it turns brown and hot during the summer, but right now we are surrounded by green hills in every direction. Simi Valley is definitely an appropriate name for the city.

To get to our home, you drive up a 2 mile street to our neighborhood. It looks like this:






Then, if you jog 3-5 minutes from our front door, you can hop on a number of trails that are begging to be explored by foot or mountain bike. Here are some snapshots from my jog this morning.








Our home sits somewhere in this neighborhood.


Bard Reservoir

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful place to run at. It's like you live out in the country, but also in the city. Hopefully I can drag Nate out of CG so we can visit you this summer.

    ReplyDelete