Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kaden Christmas


Kaden wrote this letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,
Thanks for all the gifts you gave me. If you have time please make a Nintendo DS and XBox if you can. Also if you decide to do just one well for the Nintendo it will be lego star wars to come with the Nintendo and for the XBox. Please can you put in one thing with it and that is Star Wars Battle Front 2 and if you decide to do Xbox and it is to big just put it under the tree and Nintendo in the stocking. Thank you From,
Kaden

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see that your kids are asking for the exact same things my kids are asking for. What happened to being able to buy $5 gifts and the kids being ecstatic about it? I'm glad your feeling a little better. I pray that the pressure from the gas build up will go away. I love you tons and you guys are always in our prayers. The other night Josie said, "Please bless Aunt Bri that all that cancer will go away. No one likes it and it makes my mom cry a lot so please let it go away soon.":) I love you and know that everything will work out. I wish I could take the pain away from you and make it all better. However, I know that if anyone could go through this and come out smiling and full of faith on the other end it is you.
    April

    ReplyDelete