Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, February 28, 2010

Great Friends, Good Times

Eric had signed up for a bike race in Snelling, and Joan and Larry encouraged me to go along for an overnighter since they were here to watch the kids. Even with a sore head and fatigue, it didn’t take much to convince me to jump on a getaway with my husband! We made the 4 hour drive to Val and Cheri's house, arriving in time for a delicious dinner. We stayed up playing cards and chatting before calling it a night.


Eric scooted out a 7 am Saturday morning for a 67 mile bike race in wet slippery conditions. He had a ball, finishing about 10th of 102 riders in his heat. While he was racing, Cheri and I attended a Relief Society seminar, taught by a representative from Stephen R. Covey Industries. He taught a seminar about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Women, putting a spiritual application on all the principles. It was a perfect pick-me-up and so nice to see familiar faces of people I missed from Merced. We finished up there, went to good 'ol La Hacienda2 for lunch with the Fogelberg’s, then drove home and went to dinner with Stephen family. Short but full trip. I’m looking forward to a peaceful Sabbath day of rest with my family!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! I wish we could have found a way to synchronize our Merced trips so we could see you guys. Praying for you- we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good seeing you! You look great! I will be in touch soon with details of our future! Hopefully we can meet up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana, I am glad I got to visit with you! I didn't feel like I hadn't seen you in 4 years. You are still just as beautiful! As tired as you must have been, I would never have guessed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bri I thought that you said your face was really swollen. I don't think that you look swollen. Your still as beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bri, I'm so happy you were able to come visit with Eric. It was wonderful to see you again. You look gorgeous as always!!! I can't wait to see you again. You are always in my thoughts and I'm praying for you nonstop!! I love you, Cheri

    ReplyDelete