Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kambria's Baptism

We send our love to all the friends and family who came from far and near to celebrate this special day with us, including those who sent their support but weren't able to make it. Before going to the church, Kami said to me, "A lot of kids are nervous when they get baptized. I'm not -- I'm just excited." Then, as more and more people started arriving, the more shy she became. The attention, which she thrives on, was even more overwhelming than she expected, I think. Again, I am so sad I didn't get pictures of the Wilcocks, Raymonds, Grandparents, Aunt Heather, and so many more. I stink at this stuff.




Cousin Curtis just arrived from Peru two days prior

Nate's family traveled from Casa Grande (practically another state)

Grillones traveled from New Jersey

Speases traveled from California

Kam said the water was so cold. It took a while to get warmed up afterwards.

For the closing song of the program, we asked all the children to stand up front and sing, "I Am a Child of God." I realized that Gavin wasn't there. He had fallen asleep while driving to the church building so Eric laid him down on a couch in the foyer. We both got so busy with the baptism and, I must admit, forgot about him. Please don't report us to CPS. I turned to Eric and asked, "Where's Gavin?" He asked, "Did he ever wake up?" I had to snicker. I couldn't believe we didn't know. Sure enough, he was still on the couch in the foyer. So here's a snapshot of what Gavin experienced while we all viewed Kami's baptism.

2 comments:

  1. i love it! you guys look beautiful! kambria looks so happy:) so sorry we missed! i see you had tons and tons of love from so many paople from so many different places...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami looks so beautiful. I love your wig. I need to get one like that it is absolutely beautiful. Seeing the photo of Dad and Kami reminds me of you and Dad on your baptism. Please give Kami a big hug from us and tell her how proud we are of her for making such a great decision.

    ReplyDelete