Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Leyna is 4!!!

Both my girls are another year older -- guess that means we all are, huh? It's the best to have family around to celebrate! Grandma Joan got Leyna some princess shoes that were a bit too big, but she loves them anyhow. When she woke up this morning and realized it was her real birthday, she ran to the dressup shoes and put on a pair. She sighed and slumped, then said, "But my shoes still are too big." She expected to grow overnight -- love it. Leyna ate a bit of this cake and said, "Mom, this cake is too giant. I can't finish it." Thank goodness, because it was giant. Leyna cracks us up constantly. Her Aunt Kristi said that Leyna sucked all the personality out of the other kids. She talks incessantly which can be tiring at times, but she is adorable and hilarious. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for her presence in our family, and for her amazing cuddling capabilities.


Tiff and Devin were excellent to have our family stay with them this weekend. I told Tiff that holding an event at another person's house is the way to go -- she did most of the cooking and cleaning while I visited. By the time all the guests went home, I was okay, but poor Tiff was deliriously exhausted -- as a result, she was laughing at everything, to the point of snorting! It was hilarious to watch her, but I felt a pang of guilt inside knowing she was tired from hostessing our family and friends for days.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you guys had a great time here in AZ with your fam. Leyna's personality, for what you describe, reminds me of Rachel she constantly makes us laugh and has the best comments. On her third B-day we gave her a pair of pajamas size 4, so they were a little big on her. She says: "my pajamas are big on me, because I am a big girl now!." I love it.
    It was fun to see you and to talk to you. You are such a strong woman an an inspiration to all of us. Good luck with your treatments and with your race, I think that is such great project. Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete