Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Independence Day - 07.04.10



Marlee Matlin (deaf actress) is sitting behind Leyna

This moment with Deena Kastor, US Olympic Marathoner, fulfilled my entire trip! Look how tiny she is; she makes me look like a heffer. Joanne and I drove down to the Mile Race that was being put on by Deena's husband, just to meet her. We drove to the finish line area and were told we were at the wrong spot, so drove to the start area and were redirected back to the finish area --only to be told she wasn't going to run and be at the finish zone. Unfortunately, the roads were closed for the race and the parade to follow at this point, so we couldn't drive back to the start to find her. I was so disappointed! We sat at the parade and I was just joking about how maybe I could call her up and ask her to lunch when she walked right by!! I yelled our her name -- she turned around and so warmly engaged in conversation with me. I was so stupidly starstruck that I didn't get to tell her how I was there cheering her on in Boston for the Olympic Trials or how much I enjoyed her movie or how inspiring she is. Instead, she was asking me questions about my trip and what I had planned and what I should do. Anyhow, it was a great moment for me that I'll cherish.


Devil's Postpile
Kami, keep playing hard to get for another 15 years!



Easton & Wayne
Fireworks at Crowley Lake were a little disappointing, but what was lacking in entertainment we made up for in friends and fun. How lucky that we were able to be with great neighbor friends from Simi in Mammoth!



On our way home from the fireworks, we bypassed a highway that was lined bumper to bumper with cars. Leyna looked out the window at them and said, "What the hell?" "What'd you say, Leyna?" I asked. She repeated, "What the hell?" I explained how we shouldn't say that and quickly turned around to laugh silently with Eric. Seriously, how can you not love 4 year olds? Little kids are so innocently hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment