Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, July 26, 2010

Sea World

Thanks to Eric's accumulated Marriott points, we were able to get a hotel near Sea World and spend two days there. Sea World is definitely my favorite amusement park --I love watching the gracefulness of sea animals, and am always amazed at the ability they have to train and develop relationships with whales, dolphins and sea lions. Kami kisses Shamu told Mom this is the only time I'd allow her to say she looked like a whale Shamu show is awesome!

Shamu Rocks

Wild Arctic Zone Beluga Whale

Sea Lion Show Kami the Magician

my temporary new family Shipwreck Rapids at least I don't have to worry about drying my hair Journey to Atlantis, here we come! kids couldn't get enough of the Atlantis ride!

Teacups
Cirque de Le Mer (incredible strength)

Playful Dolphins

Bat Ray Exhibit

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! SeaWorld is one of my "to do" items in the coming years. Looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun you guys got to go. Your kids look like they are having a blast. You look gorgeous as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Briana....it's Dara Johnson...I came across your blog from another friend from highschool:) I just had to take a peek and see how you were doing...hope you don't mind:) Looks like such a fun trip! That is a place that we can't wait to take our kids to. I LOVED reading those quotes that you have on the side, I'm going to have to write those down! You have such a beautiful family....hope you are doing well....take care!

    ReplyDelete