Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, August 15, 2010

On the road....Again!

We've been here in Simi for just over 2 years now, so you know what that means.... In 12 years of marriage, we have moved every 2 years. Six houses later, we are preparing for yet another move to Roseville, CA as Eric has taken a new position for work up there. Can you believe we're packing up again? I never would have thought that the pharma industry would move us as much as the military. On to new life adventures -- because obviously we don't have enough here. ha ha

Seriously, though, we know the Lord's hand is in everything. Facing cancer, chemo, brain tumors, a stroke, physical/occupational/speech therapy, renting out our home, moving into another home, and getting our kids adjusted to a new life and school,in addition to daily household responsibilities -- all could be overwhelming to some, but angels (seen and unseen) are surrounding us and helping to manage it all. We've loved every place we've ever been, but no place conjures the warmth in my heart like Simi; a family and community that will be deeply missed.

We would be drowning in disabilities if it weren't for Mom who'll always have a permanent room in our house. :) Friends, neighbors, ward members, even strangers continually show their support through prayers and service. I'll forever be indebted to you all. Remember that and allow me to serve you whenever I can -- anything to make me feel useful and less handicapped!

To all my girlfriends out there, start saving your pennies because an annual girls trip is a must and will be happening! Sept 9th, my birthday, is our official move date. Know anyone interested in renting our Simi home? We'll be just a half hour from Tahoe, so know that our doors are always open to house anyone should you decide to vacation up north. :)

3 comments:

  1. It is less distance to you than home in AZ!! Expect us to be visiting for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be able to get to you now! I really wanted to visit San Diego this year but I had pneumonia for 2 months of the summer so, it put a damper on my plans. I guess I will still go someday... we have some cousins in SanD.

    I am going to be in Tahoe for Labor Day weekend, camping. I will just miss you on that trip but I will make a special one shortly after.

    Hope you can still have access to the excellent care you've been receiving though. You didnt mentoin what you were doing with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness. I guess I missed this post. Crazy!! But, exciting because I will get to see you more!! Yeah. Come visit me in Reno. I am very close to Tahoe and of course I go to Sacramento a ton because my family is there. We will have to get together with me, you and Cheryl. I sent you something. It should get there soon. Lots of love. If you need anywhere to stay while you are looking for a house, my mom has a whole house. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete