Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, August 16, 2010

Health Status

Went in for chemo today, but they wouldn’t treat me w/o a MRI. MRI shows no more tumor growth and very little edema (yay!), but I still have 4 small tumors. However, turns out I suffered from a stroke while at girls camp this last week. I go in for testing with a neurologist tomorrow morning to discover if stroke was caused by blood clots in neck or brain. Cancer patients have thicker blood, so it’s very likely. As for lack of mobility in my left side, it looks like I’ll have to face rehab to get back strength and functionality which appears to be getting worse by the day. So much for restarting my running career next week. All I can say is how blessed I am to have Mom’s help right now. I’m an emotional wreck which most of you have been privy to, and I apologize for my weakness that doesn’t help the situation at all. I’m pulling myself together, but I am not looking forward to the trials that lie ahead. When it rains, it pours, that’s for sure.

Deepest gratitude for your continual prayers and endless support.

I love you,
Bri

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. You have been through the ringer. You are such a trooper. We are still praying for you. Best of luck with your move to Roseville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I am going to send you something in the next week. I have been slacking. You crazy girl going to girls camp. I am sure you had a blast though even though you had a stroke. You are amazing! I am glad to see that there is progress with the chemo. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are in our prayers - we visit the Tahoe/Reno area often because my family lives there...so be prepared for a visit very soon!
    With love,
    Mark and Karen Timothy
    "Listen! The LORD's arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call"
    Isaiah 59:1 New Living Translation

    ReplyDelete