Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, December 27, 2010

Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best

I just wanted to convey to you all that we are preparing for all circumstances and hoping for the best. The conflict comes when we realize that we often don't know what's best for us, but surrendering to the Lord's will is freeing and peaceful. The holidays have been fun and relaxing. We're enjoying every day, as each one is a blessing. I hope you all are doing the same, and find comfort that comes from trusting in the Lord.

9 comments:

  1. Oh how much I miss you! Why can we be lounging again poolside with me and my kids eating all (and I mean all) the snacks you brought. Thank you for continually giving me the gift of insight. You are courageous and strong. You are a wonderful mom and I hope to be more like you when I grow up. I am thinking about you, Eric and the clan. The kids even included Zack in our prayers. Thank you for always pointing to heaven with every life you touch. much-o love-0 ~marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of the word courage and faithful I think of you. Your courage to endure and trust keeps all the rest of us going and want to follow your strength.You are so right in that sometimes we do not always know what is best for our family but, as you know heavenly Father will fill in the gaps if needs be.We think of you so often and continue to pray for you and your family.My girls love you so much too ! I know you are their hero ! We love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hoping for more of the best. You are the best, and you have been given nothing but the very best.
    You ARE blessed Briana, dont call me crazy on a bad day either, you ARE blessed. And remember, not a moment too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Bri and Eric. You are the Hubbards heros! Our prayers are with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bri, we don't know each other but my husband (Jason Christensen) knew you years ago when he lived in Arizona. We've recently been following your blog and keeping up with everything your family's going through and I just wanted to tell you that we admire your courage and testimony so very much. More than I can say. We have both shed tears reading your words. Thank you for reminding me of how sweet and precious my own knowledge of the plan of salvation is to me. And how personal and intimate of a thing it is when each of us gain that testimony for ourselves through the tender confirmations of the Holy Ghost. Father in Heaven is so kind and merciful to His children.

    And now I keep typing and erasing what I type because everything I want to say sounds so cliche to me. Forgive me! I just wanted to tell you that you are strengthening so very many that are you completely unaware of. Thank you for journaling and thank you for letting others be a part of your journey. We pray that you and your beautiful family can feel completely enveloped in the Savior's love right now. We hope you're in a cacoon. :) Thank you again, Meradith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric and Bri-oh Bri,I just don't know what to say. As I read your blog, I am in awe of your courage, strength, and testimony. You are such a example to me of what it means to be a mother. We are praying for you and your family and also hope for the best. We love you guys!!!
    Kristina and Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bri You do not know me, but I have been following your blog. You and you family are in my payers! I struck by your courage and your stong faith that holds you! Minerva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bri,
    I love you and if you go to heaven before me, I hope you will be there to show me the way, just like you did in 6th grade. I will miss you for your courage, positive spirit, and mostly for the loving nature that you exude. You are always in my heart, Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bri,
    What more can I say...you truly are AMAZING!!! You have changed sooo many lives for good! You're example on complete faith, never giving up, always having hope, being grateful for everything, cherishing everyday, and truly living everyday, has touched the lives of soo many! The world is a far better place because of people like you! You have made a huge impact on my life...since 3rd grade, wow, long time ago!!! My testimony has been strengthend and my faith continues to grow! You deserve the BEST! I just wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better! I love the card you sent, the pics, poem, and your cute kiddos signing it...awesome!!! I am soo grateful you were able to have such an amazing time! If there is ever ANYTHING I can do or just to listen, please know that I AM HERE FOR YOU ALWAYS!!! You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers! Keep up the great work! You can do it!!! Team Bri all the way!!! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year too!!! Much love, Bri!!!!!
    -Julibug *HUG*

    ReplyDelete