Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The New Do

Before jumping in the shower tonight, Eric teased me, "You have the worst hair." Boy, was he wrong. Check out what I looked like a half hour later.  Today was my tenth and final day of radiation. I kept thinking (hoping) the doctors would be wrong and I wouldn't lose my hair again, but guess I'm not so lucky. Here we go again. What's hilarious is the mullet in back that, at least so far, hasn't fallen out. Maybe by summer I'll have beach babe hair? Alright, just hair would be fine with me. 


8 comments:

  1. Bri, I'm sorry you lost your hair again. Luckily, you are beautiful without hair too. You should totally draw a face on the back of your head and use the mullet as a beard. haha i think it would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair is over rated. Look at the women on Star Trek... Totally feminan. Wonder how much they had to pay them to shave their heads? We'd be able to get so much more done in a day if we didn't have to mess with it. I could have made a down payment on a house for all the money I've spent on perms!

    I have an adorable friend who woke up one morning and all her hair, eye lashes, eye brows, everything was on her pillow. She has a hair desease. She's worn wigs for the 25 years I've known her... She has so many wonderful hair styles. Her hair always looks great.
    Yours will grow back again soon. I've never known a more beautiful women than you!
    Myke

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, the kids wanted to draw a face, too. We had a good laugh over the "mustache" on the back of my head. Kaden helped me shave it off this afternoon, though. Just couldn't take the scragglies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bri you crack me up! I love the photos you posted! I thought for sure you were going to keep your hair since it hadn't fallen out yet. Like I said before you are beautiful without your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur. You're beautiful without hair, so to heck with it. I am sure you have a new appreciation for it since you've had the opportunity to go without... but lets just be thankful you're a sexy bald babe hmm? I love the photos! Keep the blogs comin. So, no more radiation, whats next then? No more EVER? or no more for now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny Bri!, I love your sense of humor. I agree with the comments, you are beautiful no matter the hair style or no hair at all. How lucky! I have a bump on the back of my head from falling backwards when I was little and my head is pretty misshapen. I hope the radiation went well. Thanks for your wonderful example and for the strength you bring to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs hair with a face like that!? You are gorgeous and i LOVE how you see the humor in everything. Just call yourself GI Jane. She is one tough gal. JUst like you! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree GI Jane for sure! You are so cracking me up with the last smiley-crazy pict! You totally rock!

    ReplyDelete