Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Memorial Service Information

Roseville/Sacramento Area:

Wednesday, May 11th @ 6 P.M. to 8 P.M. open house at the Stephen residence located at 1400 Barnwood Ln in Roseville. This will be an informal gathering for the Stephen family to thank local friends and family.

Main Service, Simi Valley CA:

Saturday, May 14th @ 9 A.M. service held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building located at 480 Sinaloa Rd Simi Valley CA.

For anyone traveling from out of town and requiring accomodations, local families have made homes available. Please contact Kim Fortuna at 805-732-8709 or kfortunarn@gmail.com .

1 comment:

  1. I only just found this blog this morning through my cousin. With tears streaming, I have to write ... Your family will be in our prayers. May God be with you in intimate and holy ways. The words, quotes and poems here have forever changed me on this day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete