Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter from the Stephens

Check out what we found in our Easter Egg Hunt! Four adorable children!
I wanted to get some pictures before the boys went off to Arizona (or Hairizona as Gavin says) this morning to spend the week with the Wilcock family. I hate our family being separated, especially when I'm lonely in the hospital, but the kids are going to have a blast with their cousins. And Kami and Leyna are expecting to have a great time with Grandma & Grandpa Stephen.


3 comments:

  1. Praying for the best possible outcome for your surgery and recovery...
    With Loving Thoughts...
    Karen Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything goes well, I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana, the kids look so cute in their easter outfits. I put the update that dad sent out after your surgery on my blog for anyone who would like to get an update. It is txyoungs.blogspot.com. I am so glad that things went so well. i knew that they would. Love ya

    ReplyDelete