Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Liver Surgery

Finally...we have a surgery date. It'll be Monday, April 13th at Cedars-Sinai in LA. We appreciate all the faith and prayers of so many. Keep it up! I know it's working! :) We'll certainly be praying for the doctor and his team to be able to remove all the cancer. I'm so looking forward to recovering from surgery, then getting through whatever chemo treatments my oncologists thinks I may need for precautionary measures. But I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and am running towards it!

8 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately that I love you. You are such an example of everything that I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear updates, thanks for posting. We will keep praying for you guys and the drs. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run hard and fast!! If I could be there I'd be running right beside you, Bri!! I love you so much and am filled with joy to hear such fabulous news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. We are praying for you! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you. I'm hoping to be saying the same thing soon as well. I'll pray for a speedy recovery. Will you be having the liver and colon resection done like me or just the liver? Either way, I'm so glad you are to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things will go well for you on April 13th. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I am so happy that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. I sent you something for chemo #9. Sorry, a little late. Love ya! Keep us up to date on the surgery and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one of the strongest people I know. We love you and you are in our prayers. Even Jayden continues to remember you in his prayers every night.

    ReplyDelete