Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ready for Summer!

Today was a momentous day! Leyna jumped right into the pool with no flotation devices. Grandma Teri pushed her under the water to pick up some dive toys and...voila....she was transformed into a fish. She figured out how to swim that fast. We're still working on breathing, but she's getting there. You'd be amazed at how long she can hold her breath. She cried when we had to leave the pool and kept telling us over and over how big she is and how she can swim by herself. She was ready last summer to swim on her own, but I admit that I was lazy and dependent on her life jacket.

What a relief to know that all my kids will be pool safe before long! Now those waves at the beach...I don't imagine I'll ever get over the fear of one of them swallowing up my babies.

2 comments:

  1. I remember swimming with Gavin in Carlsbad! He could swim, but still depended so much on someone to be there for him. I loved how tight he would hold on when he got scared!!

    Man, being so far away from all the nieces and nephews makes me wanna have one of my own so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also fear those waves on the beach. I am unable to enjoy the beach and see its for its wonder because I am too preoccupied with the notion that it might steal one of my kids. I am glad I am not the only mother who stands there as the kids play in the waves, thinking of the worst possibility. It makes me want to tie ropes around their waists.

    ReplyDelete