Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, May 17, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!

We're taking it one day, or rather, one hour at a time. I wouldn't say I'm experiencing good days yet, but I do have days that are better than others and hours that are great. The 2nd nurse that came in taught Eric how to administer the antibiotics and he's a pro and a natural at this stuff (what a surprise, right? what can't the boy do well?). When he heads out of town, it'll be a bummer but at least I have nursing friends nearby that can help.

When I was in the hospital, I had, at one time, 5 different IVs in my arms, so they decided to access my chemotherapy port-a-cath. The downer news is that we received a call from the hospital a couple night ago and learned that the port-a-cath site somehow got infected itself and has to be removed. So...I'll be driving into Santa Monica again this week to have that removed. And if they decide to do a few more months of chemo in 6-8 weeks time like originally planned, I'll have to go in for yet another outpatient surgery to have another port put in place. Aaargh. Things ARE getting better, though! Don't forget us over here. We need your constant prayers. the Lord IS ALWAYS listening! Let's make so much ruckus from down here that He can't ignore us! :) ha ha

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Is your mom still there???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you just keep up the positive attitude and we will keep up the prayers. I miss you and hope that with every day you get a little stronger. Just think beach day! the In-n-Out lunch at the beach is on me (ok, actually Scott will buy it). He is your HT now! We love you girl. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get a band started over here - prayers will be heard LOUD and clear in Utah!! miss ya bri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pain with the port. Just one more thing that you could of done without worrying about. I can't believe they had five ivs at one time. I have never even heard of that. It will be nice to get the port back so you won't have to be pricked 100 times. Even though it is not fun to get it in. My prayers are always with you. Keep strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bri~ Thanks for the update. I think of you everyday and wish for your strength and optimism! You are going to get through this rough time without a doubt. I'm glad you are home and with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breana,
    I was just a youngin' when you were hanging out with my sisters, Kellie & Jamie, but I've been keeping up on you. You and your sweet family are in my families prayers. We love you!
    you can check out my blog if you have time...
    Love Bailey (Pew) Michael
    www.michaelthree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Bri, keep strong girl. I'm glad you are home. Lots of prayers from us to you and your family. Ale

    ReplyDelete