Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hooray for Clean Colons!

After yesterday's colonoscopy, we’re celebrating the great news of normal results! I wish I could have celebrated more yesterday, but I was under such heavy sedation that I could hardly open my eyes all day, and in fact didn't wake up until dinner time and continued to feel drugged through the night. I remember bits and pieces of the morning, but not much. Every two seconds, I was falling back into such a deep sleep that I’d have a vivid dream, and then be abruptly woken by the nurse or Serena, who was my chaperone for the day, saying I had to wake up. I was so frustrated at not being able to sleep! I recall trying to reply or comment on things in my dreams or reality but couldn’t muster the strength for it. Indeed, I was trapped in my body. Why people intentionally drug themselves is beyond me!

Many people told me they were fasting and praying for this tender mercy of good news. To all of you, I LOVE YOU!!! And for all the wonderful individuals in our new ward family who don't even know me, but have brought in meals and flowers, my heart is filled with gratitude for you. The Lord continues to let us know that He's watching over us by sending supportive angels like all of you into our lives. 

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! we are soooo happy to hear this great news! Bri, Rob and I are celebrating with you. This is truly a miracle. We have a loving merciful Father in Heaven. We hope the treatment you still have to go through goes well. We love you Bri. Keep fighting. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! You deserve some like this. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just want you to know I think about you all the time. I don't know why you have this trial in your life, but I think it's very interesting how you have moved around with all this going on. You have such a powerful affect on people- I'm sure you don't even realize it. People find a kinship with you so instantly. I know that's how I've felt, even the couple short years we spent with you. I'll never forget what a neat person you are. Keep shining! We're all pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briana,

    Not sure this will work...we think of you often and get to at least see you through Hillary's blog. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. So you're north again?

    The Blacks (from Merced)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bri,
    You don’t know me, and yet I feel that I know you and that you have been a long time friend. My name is Karen Tamai-Gomez, I’m Diana Anderson’s sister she is friends with your sister Tifanny.
    I’ve been following your life and updates since the time my sister with tears told me your story. We have cried together over the phone since we live far away from each other, we have rejoiced in your little health miracles and I have to say that I’ve prayed to our Heavenly Father in tears begging him to cure you and to grant a miracle in your life if it is His will. I pray for your family, your husband and your kids and must of all for you that you may have the peace and strength you need to go through the dark times of your tribulation. I know you are receiving the faith you need and the spirit of comfort. You are such an inspiration and spiritual giant.
    I have two little daughters and every time that I think what you are going through I want to hug them more, kiss them more and enjoy their triumphs and little mistakes. Thank you for helping me appreciate those little moments that make life so wonderful. Thank you for your insights and for touching my life deeply.
    I’m Sorry, for spying on your updates. I feel your story and your life so closed to my heart… I just wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you and your family “Hang in there help is on the way” (it was said to the pioneers). . If you need anything let me know. karentamai@gmail.com
    Karen Tamai-Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric and Bri-
    So happy to hear your great news! We continue to pray for you and your family.
    Steve and Mercedes Van Pelt

    ReplyDelete