Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Take a Deep Breath"

Yesterday's solicitation for fasts and prayers on Sunday have brought an onslaught of emails and facebook postings sharing extraordinary support. The kind words and testimonies had me in tears as I tried to explain that if I were to pass sooner rather than later, it would okay. Though it's not what I want or am praying for, we could all know with thousands of fasts and prayers that it really was God's will and my time to work elsewhere. (In fact, it's a little morbidly exciting to ponder what it'd be like -- if I can spy on you all. The Lord knows I love reality tv and would like to be a fly on your walls. hahaha)

But to the point of my writing...my heart was so softened by messages that I was sobbing. Four year old Leyna said, "Mom, take a deep breath." Mom and I lost it -- it was hilarious, but just what I needed.

Like Mom said of Tiff growing up, Leyna can really set the tone in our family.She has the ability to draw out deep emotion in everyone, be it anger, peace, or laughter. Our little angelic devil.

1 comment:

  1. Are you calling me an angelic devil too? I have to agree Leyna is a gift!

    ReplyDelete