Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Serena Visits from Oklahoma

We had such a great time with Serena! She spoiled us all rotten, though, with food and gifts. Besides the gift of her time, my favorite of her gifts was a foot orthotic that I put in my shoes and tie around my calf thatenables me to walk a thousand times better! Serena, I can't thank you enough!

The morning of my colonoscopy -
Poor Serena had to put up with my delirious demands and statements while sedated. Let it be known, though, that I warned her before going in that I always wake up from sedation either mad or sad. I fear I was more on the mean side this time: I demanded to know why I had to wake up, demanded to go to the bathroom where Serena had to dress me, and kept asking for my Twix bar all day (obviously chocolate is often on my mind). The sedative was so strong that I literally slept the day away and got up for dinner, then was still able to sleep through the night.



Picking mini pear-apples
Goofy Leyna. We made a pear-apple pie and Mom pureed most the fruit and dehydrated it to make fruit roll-ups that the kids can't get enough of

1 comment:

  1. Aaaawww, Serena!! I miss you guys! Glad she was there to help :)

    ReplyDelete