Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Serena Visits from Oklahoma

Well, I had intended on showing Mom & Serena a good time this week -- full of hiking, movies, museums & shopping. Wouldn't you know it, but I had the most nauseating week of chemo yet and was sedentary on the couch pretty much the whole time. Serena's visit essentially consisted of cleaning house and chasing kids...yet she still insists that she had a great time. We hope you'll come back and visit sooner than later so we can show you what a great time really is like, Sis. Thanks for all your help! We love and miss you already!


2 comments:

  1. Hey there SuperWoman!!
    Cindy Kellis sent me your blog site. Hope thats okay. I can't believe how your family has grown!! Your kids are so cute!! I get random updates from Cindy-on your fam. & the marathon running!! You're awesome I am sorry to hear the crazy news that you're dealing with. You truely are superwoman:-)
    Hang in there girl- just wanted you to know that you are in our prayers.
    Rayel Smith (old edgewood ward buddy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey briana! your mom looks awesome! im glad you got a chance to do a little something wit them when were there. those pics are neat. you got those birds up so close! lata love

    ReplyDelete