Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, August 24, 2009

Remainder of the UT Trip

We stayed the night Saturday evening at Josh's place, and he and Heather made us a fabulous breakfast Sunday morning before we hit the road again. You treated us so well, Josh. We may just impose on you again in the future. You wishin' you were a worse host now, aren't ya? Forgot to mention how Leyna got her scraped & bruised chin. She was walking down the stairs to enter Nana's basement with a hose nozzle in hand when she tripped and fell right on the nozzle. I heard her cry, then Grandma got to her before I did. She did one of those 'hold her breath because the pain is so intense' cries and passed out in Mom's arms. Two seconds later she came to in convulsions. I thought she was seizing, but thank goodness it passed as quickly as it started and she just needed a little TLC for a bit. Scary, though.


We visited Hector's burial site in Bountiful, UT Sunday morning to pay our respects to him. Because he doesn’t have a headstone yet, we went on a family hunt looking for the location of his burial. (It’s just to the right of the Goringe headstone. I think I’ll always remember that tidbit.)


After the cemetery, we took the kids to Temple Square and walked through the visitor’s center and other buildings. I really wanted the kids to tour Brigham Young’s homes, The Beehive and Lion Houses, but sites were closing down due to the Ochre Mountain temple dedication that was taking place that day, so it was a short visit.



We piled back in and made the 12 hour drive home. Thank goodness my kids are so good in the car. They actually made the drive entertaining and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a neat trip. You look so beautiful, as always. One more round! ALMOST DONE, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I have been following your blog for almost a year I think it is and wanted to say how wonderful you are looking.... My hubby Mathew is a colon cancer survivor and next month it will be a year since he was diagnosed and yet he is doing GREAT!!!!!!! WE have been so blessed this past year and I just want to say.. have faith and know that Heavenly Father loves you...... Maxine

    ReplyDelete