Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, August 24, 2009

Tears, tears more tears

It's shouldn't come as any surprise to those that know me that I cried multiple times on Saturday. Just the mention of the word 'family' or expressions of us being together forever set me off. (Heather said, "I cry a lot, too." Then after seeing me cry for the 10th time, she said, "Wow, you really do cry a lot." Yep, it's pitifully true. I just can't help it these days.) Saturday afternoon, I was caught off guard when Dad asked if he could offer me a priesthood blessing in front of the family at Roy Roy's house. It was special to have Uncles Rock, Kevin and Steve join Dad in placing their hands on my head for the blessing, and it meant a lot to have Grandma and those extended family members present because I feel I owe a lot of my healing to them.

It was Bud's idea months back to hold a family fast on my behalf, each family member each taking a day to fast for me. Uncle Rock fasted on Thanksgiving! I'm emotional just thinking of the sacrifice, prayers and love that went into that time when I was most sick and needed strength beyond what I was able to conjure up myself. I just wanted you all to know how full my heart is for each one of you! I regret not having officially vocalized my appreciation while we visited this weekend, but please know that I love you immensely and am so proud to be a part of the faith and love that makes up the Boulter Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment