Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a Whole New Me!

I fell asleep during chemo today for almost two hours -- it was wonderful! Though not so wonderful was when I woke up and got out of my chair to use the restroom and my hair decided to not come with me. Chunks of hair fell to the chair. At this point, it's just comical. After the initial shock, we had a fun family afternoon of hair shaving and hat shopping. What do you think of our findings? Do I look as hot as Demi Moore? ha ha ha Cory brought up a good point that miracles never cease -- not only did Eric encourage me to cut my hair, but he participated in it; this is truly a momentous day!




11 comments:

  1. Bri you look so cute with all the hats! You look better than Demi! I had no idea you were loosing your hair, but just like I told everyone before, you actually have the face shape and look that does look cute no matter what. I think you look adorable! The long hair looks so real! I think you look great and if I were you I would be enjoying not having to take the time to do your hair for awhile!! You are a hot Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you were blessed with a beautiful head, not all girls can pull off the bald and beautiful! I love ya with and without hair, sad I missed out on the shopping. I so love you Bri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri and clan,
    What a kind and loving family you have to support you during this time. Once again showing strength through difficulties. I might have to have a hat swap with you. I have a Clipper's hat you might want to take for a spin! We love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if its because I'm pregnant but I cried threw all three video:))) You are so possitive and strong. I loved seeing your family over you and literaly holding you up. You guys are great! And I agree with both Tiffanies, you are hot without hair:)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will always be beautiful no matter what beauty is something YOU can never lose. Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look hotter!! All the hats are really cute on you but my favs are the black one and the plaid one. Lov you Bri. Your family is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video of your family helping to shave off your hair. You are so amazing, Bri. I would've been balling my eyes out and you are smiling and looking gorgeous, as always. I like the hats, too. The long brown hair is beautiful. I loved watching the videos...thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeouse! And you're kids are so cute recording the video! Good luck with everything! We always pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, your troops are so cute! bri- you are definitely a soldier...way stronger and more beautiful than demi! loved the narration and the look on your face as each of your little ones had a chance at shaving your head. favo one was leyna askin for her turn and as sweet as you could, you said "leyna, i dont know, sweetheart! so you, mama through and through! you are one awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Bri,

    You are just as stunning with your bald head as with a head full of hair. Your beauty radiates from within. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you allowed us to share this with you through the video. What a sweet memory it will be for you guys! Your kids/husband are so cute helping you. I love that no matter the circumstance you are always cheerful - so patient with your kids, when really you could've been completely the opposite. You amaze me! The hats are DARLING! You are adorable and your smile is contagious!

    ReplyDelete