Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gilbert High School Volleyball Team Rocks!

The Gilbert High School volleyball team in AZ (my alma mater), on the first night of State Championship Finals, was honoring me in AZ. These sweet girls, who don't even know me personally, wore specialized  t-shirts they designed, made me the following video, and donated the proceeds of the evening to our medical bills. Isn’t that amazing? I had NO idea and was speechless to learn of their support and love. How can I think about not fighting when I think of them fighting for me. THANK YOU, ladies. You motivate me to be a better person. (and great job at winning 2nd in State!!)

1 comment:

  1. I almost cried! Seriously! ME, who never cries. My eyes watered a bit. I bet you were bawling!

    Keep on keeping on Bri. Lots of people love you.

    ReplyDelete