Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Soul Providers

I'm sure anyone going through long-term medical care can relate to the warmth I feel for nurses and doctors. There are so many others I wish to add, but here are some the three nurses who administer my chemo every other week. Though they have families and health obstacles of their own, they never fail to come into work and lift my spirits. Thank you, Jayne, Mary & Teri.
And this is part of the staff at the Institute for Restorative Health -- Sarah, Beth who administers my vitamin c infusions, and the best doctor ever, Dr. Hassid

1 comment:

  1. Kind of a strange thing to say, but I miss those gals! They got to know me well, I only visit them once every two months now!
    They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete