Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?!!!!

So I'm in my bedroom folding laundry while Gavin and Leyna are playing so well together in the girls' room. They're laughing and having a grand ol' time. When it comes time to pick up the older kids from school, I walk in to get them and this is what I see on the floor.
"Leyna, I can't believe you cut your hair AGAIN!!!"
"Sorry, Mom," she says as she starts to cry.
"Why did you cut it?"
"I didn't. Gavin did."
"Did you tell Gavin to stop?"
"Yes, but he wanted to cut it anyway."
"Gavin, is this true? Did you keep cutting Leyna's hair even when she told you not to?"
"Yes."
"Did you know what you were doing was wrong and going to make me upset?"
"Yes."
"Alright, if I can't do Leyna's hair, then I don't think you should be able to do your hair either. I'm cutting yours so you can't do a mohawk anymore."
"No, Mom. Please. I won't cut her hair again."
"Too bad so sad. You mess with Leyna's hair and I'm gonna mess with yours."


Needless to say, Gavin was not happy about getting his hair cut. The little stink looks absolutely adorable, though, anyway. Leyna's hair was cut so short all over that I don't know how to fix it. It took so long to grow back from her other cutting fiascos. Just give me some bangs to work with at least. Aaaargh! (Marcella, I need your hair cutting expertise! What can we do?)The funny thing is that Leyna could care less. She thinks it looks great. As you can see, she's all smiles and just glad that I'm not mad at her. (Eric's out of town and is going to freak out when he sees her hair! Maybe I should give him some advanced notice.)

7 comments:

  1. That is the saddest face ever!! Good job being a tough mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez... I went through this with my boys but its more heartbreaking with your girls. You wait so long and you nourish it and watch it grow then... snip, snip. snip.

    Oh well she is darling anyway. And Gavin demo'd his desire for hair cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story! I think Gavin learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious!! My eyes are watering because I'm laughing so hard with the visuals of everyone's expressions and plea's!! That is so funny! I think they both still look pretty cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Gavin. He was just trying to help. However, I think that is a great punishment. I need to remember that. Josie only cut her own hair once and she was so vain that it killed her when I told her that she was going to look like that for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the funniest thing I have heard! I actually love Leyna's new look though! Maybe Gavin is trying out his future career. Maybe you should let him experiment a little more often. I love that you cut his. That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete