Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, September 28, 2009

Mammoth Lakes Trip

We had such a great time in Mammoth this past weekend. Last night Kade said, "This is the worst vacation because it's the best vacation ever and we have to go home." Here's a little glimpse into how we spent our time....

We had a great time at Convict Lake, even if the water was ice cold.

(so we didn't have swimsuits,but we improvised)


Like the boy he is, Eric was climbing trees again...until...

the tree landed on him!

We got in some park time,

I felt great enough to bike the Uptown/Downtown trails. And I wish I had the pictures to prove what an animal Eric is. He put in 12 hours on the bike, riding to the top of incredible mountains.


There was tons of beautiful sightseeing!


We got in more water time at June Lake,


Went to the skate parks at least once a day,


Check out Kade's kick flip action!

There were even some waterfalls we were able to climb to at Twin Lakes.

We have a whole list of things we want to do on our next venture up there, but all in all, it was time well spent. Nothing beats a family getaway, coupled with the peaceful surroundings of God's country! A big thank you to the Piurkowsky's for allowing us to use your condo and adding some great memories to our photo albums!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! That picture of Eric and the tree is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a vacation. Looks like you guys got a little R'n R:) You look great. Sounds like everything is going well too. Even though I haven't seen ya for a while you are still in my prayers:))
    ps. You give the word and I will make any kind of cake for your kids:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! Looks like you had a blast. I was laughing so hard at Eric's picture when the tree fell. Great Shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip. I would love to things like that with my kids. The pictures of Eric made me laugh so hard. Sorry Eric, I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you.

    ReplyDelete