Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Monday, June 7, 2010

AZ Cousins Visit 06.07.10

I went in for chemo today (22nd session, can you believe it?). Because I'm scheduled to go in for a MRI in late July, my oncologist would like me to continue chemo until then (that's two more sessions after today.) I've done it 22 times already, so what's 2 more, right? Two more weeks of misery? Fortunately, today went very well and I event felt good enough to take the family and neices bowling.

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but I think the kids all had a great time. The first round we played normally. The second game, I purchased some M&Ms and skittles, then assigned each color of candy to a bowling style.For instance, if they drew out a yellow candy, they had to bowl with their opposite hand, blue - backwards between the legs, brown - turn around the number of times in age that you are and then bowl, green - granny shot, red - sit down and push the ball with your feet. It was a lot of fun and they loved getting a treat to eat before each bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment