Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scan Results

The great news is that no cancer was detected on the scans! (Well, the radiologist reported a spot on the liver that my doctor couldn't detect on his cd, so we'll find out for sure on Monday.) If you remember, the previous scan had shown signs of cancer in my sternum and pelvic regions, so this is fantastic news! The bummer news is that my oncologist would like me to continue chemo for a bit longer. We do what we gotta do, right? (so I keep telling myself)

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news !! Your endurance has been amazing!BTW, Your new hair styles are really cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete