Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MRI Update

Our brain oncologist is hesitant to title Friday night's episode as a seizure, because with that title comes a lot more testing and drugs. For now, he says everything looks really well, and I may anticipate an episode like I had once a month to once every six months, but so long as there's no twitching, it shouldn't be of very much concern.

They do not see any new tumor growth, and in fact commented that my results are some of the best he's ever encountered, especially given the number and size of tumors I had. Half he can't see any trace of, and the 3-4 he can see he says are decreasing rapidly in size. He attributes most of the success to the Gamma Knife Radiation, yet also is sure the chemo is breaking through the blood-brain barrier and attributing to the quickly diminishing tumors, as well.

How fortunate we are to be where we are in a time we are in, as firsthand witnesses to the miracles in which God's allowed us to partake. We're so blessed to have the strong faith and support of innumerable family and friends that continue to pray for us and who show up to help at a moment's notice. I pray constantly that the Lord will bless you all abundantly for your sacrifices and service. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Briana you are such and inspiration. You defy all odds. You are truely one of the most beautiful people I know inside and out! love you. Dave my brother in law is the photographer.

    ReplyDelete