Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The torch has been passed on


It has been such a privilege and honor to serve as the young women's leader the past couple years. As I told the girls on Sunday, they helped turn what could have been two of the hardest years of my life into two of the most beautiful and testimony-building years of my life. I was loved, sustained, and full of purpose every day that I could be in their presence and working for them! I never would have foreseen the day when I would willingly tell the Bishop that I may need to pass the leadership torch onto someone else, but life has come to that. I just got to the point where it didn't feel right that I couldn't give the best me to either my family or the young women; and when it comes down to the need to please, family must come first.

I'm so excited that Mama Spease will be running the program now, and look forward to watch the young women learn and flourish under her loving guidance!

(a few of the graduating laurels)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being such an incredible inspiration and example to my girls!!They have really loved having you be their YW leader and friend!

    ReplyDelete