Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Me, an Author?

You’ve Benn Served, written by Briana Stephen. What do you think? So many have prompted me to write a book, and I’m considering it – just waiting for the happy ending. I like this title, because it has a two-part meaning: I can focus on the trial with which I’ve been served/sentenced and then the service I’ve been given to help me get through it. Yea or Nay?

7 comments:

  1. I like it Bri. Very smart title. You would be a terrific author. You have a way of describing things beautifully and I know that you would inspire many people with your story. I'll be the first in line to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally 100% yay!!!! I will help if you need any help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd buy it! Keep Fighting! I put your name on the Dallas temple prayer roll. Love you. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bri, you are in our prayers. Thank you for being so inspiring and such a great example to me. My heart reaches out to you. Please, know that you are loved and thought of. From here, from this earthly distance, My family and I are cheering for you,you can do this and you will overcome triumphant. I have no doubt. I really hope you can write your story and your insightful thoughts. I will read it. Please do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a gift when it comes to writing and a message that the Lord has given you to share with the world! I can only imagine the lives you could reach through your book! I am behind you one hundred percent!! (by the way, I think you should mention how wonderful your sister Tiffany is in your book!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great title ! We would be on the waiting list ! Our thoughts and continued prayers continue for you and you family! We miss your family among us here in Simi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More than beautiful blog - first time I've seen it (Oct. 22nd). Please write your story. It would lift the spirits of ordinary people like me as well as fantastic, incredible people such as you. Sounds like you have plenty of takers to be the first to buy. Put me on the list - I'll stand in line to get you to sign it. Your name will be in the LA Temple every Tuesday - you can count on it. Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete