Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tour de France

What do you do for someone who has supported and loved you through the thick and thin, the ups and downs, and emotionally, physically, and financially cared for you? I'm not sure, but a trip to Paris to ride the famous roads from the Tour de France was an attempt to show my appreciation to Eric. It was 7 months in the making and the following pictures don't convey but a fraction of his experiences (we have a 2 hour movie for that!) but following is a glimpse of his time in Europe, mostly in the Pyrenees, from July 12th-27th.
day 1- 


Lance Armstrong
day 2-bread depot


day 2-soulor


day4- Artigue


 
day5- cafe watching tour with Wayne
day 10- chalkbot finding
day12 - Louvre

 
day 12 - Eiffel Tower

day 13- Arc de Triumph

day 3 - Col de Abisque

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pics. I bet your hubby absolutley loved France. That's such a gracious thing for you to do Bri. How did he do the chalkbot thing? That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete