Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Friday, September 17, 2010

We've Arrived

Here are a few snapshots of our Roseville home. We love it. One week here, and so far so good. A huge thanks to the large help we received on both ends of the move, packing/loading and unpacking/unloading. We certainly couldn't be enjoying ourselves now had it not been for you! The ward has been welcoming, schools are great, and all the shopping you could ever want is within 3 miles of our home, which is a nice change. Eric's ready to get out in the field and get to work. The kids are eager to make friends, and me...well, I'm on an emotional rollercoaster -- for the most part elated by our blessings, then one minute so saddened by my physical limitations, and then frustrattion fed. I've learned that I don't have much patience  for personal weakness.

I definitely find myself longing for the way things used to be, longing to care for my family, home, church callings, and still get in a marathon trainig run! Now I can't get dressed, tie my shoes or open a jar of peanut butter alone. Woe is me. I'm sorry for my pity party; it's unacceptable. Scans this week determine future chemo treatments, so fingers are crossed. I'm struggling so much dealing with the stroke that I don't know how I can face the sickness of chemo, as well.




3 comments:

  1. Bri, I LOVE your home! It looks so beautiful!
    I love your blogs, keep it up. I pray that you still have some good days. Keep us updated on your bad ones too. We can shoulder some of it and it will feel so good to let us have it.

    Keep fighting Bri, Fight Like A Girl! You are doing awesome even still, every day si a wonderful gift and I know you dont always feel like that is true... and perhaps youre right on a few of the days that they arent gifts at all. Please keep making mental notes of the things that make the day an overall success. Write those things down and read them on days where its hard to figure out what went right.
    I am still praying for you and I will ask if I can send you some more of me to help get ya that much further. I have extra energy, and I am hoping its being sent UP and over to ya. In fact, I will be lazy tomorrow to save up some extra extra energy so you can have a bit more. Hey, its hard for me to be lazy, it really IS a sacrifice believe it or not :) I will try to enjoy it.

    You are a super woman Bri, and we love you very much! I dont know if anyone is more loved right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home, Bri! I'm glad you are there safe in sound. Every day I can't believe you are going through such a challenge and I complain about such meaningless inconveniences in my own life. You are amazing, such a inspiration. We are praying for you and love you. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bri. Anna Lena lives in Roseville with her family. Her last name is Nelson. Just thought you'd like to know a friendly face was close by. You are an inspiration and one tough cookie. You and your entire family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete