Briana Stephen

I had an epiphany today while sitting in the oncologist's office. There's so much talk and paraphernalia about finding cures for cancer. There's bitter talk about why Heavenly Father would allow such suffering. I sat there thinking to myself, No. My heart tells me it's not like that at all! ... Think of the communities and families that have come together to love, serve, and mourn with one another.

Our Father in heaven provides opportunities every day for us to keep his commandments, to follow His ultimate example of serving, loving, caring for His spirit children, our spirit brothers and sisters. I get to experience firsthand on a daily basis how beautiful the hearts of mankind really are.

Turn off the news of contentious politics, crime, and adultery for a bit. You'll find a world of compassion. PLEASE ACCEPT MY GRATITUDE to all those who uplift and show me what leading a Christ-like life is really all about. Loads and loads of LOVE!!!

-Bri, March 2010



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not Yet

Well...we were so hoping for clean scans last week, but unfortunately that's not to be yet. It seems taking a month off chemo really does make a big difference. To give you an idea....besides the brain tumors, the last scans showed just two small spots of cancer -- one in the sternum, the other in my pelvic region.

Today we learned the cancer has spread to my femur bone, both sides of my pelvic bones, an area in my ribs through to my back, liver, several tiny spots on my lungs, and larger masses in the bladder and vaginal canal. Guess what this means? You guessed it -- back on chemo! And to top it all off, the last type of chemo supplement available to me will cause a facial and chest rash, much like horrible acne for which I'll have to take additional medication. Apparently the Lord's trying to strip me of all my vanity! :)

The fight persists, as does our call for continued prayers. We are relying on all of you! Thanks for continual faith and support! WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Briana. I know this wasnt an easy post for you. I thank you for continuing to share with us, no matter how tough it gets. Please keep faith in us that we are not going to let you down. We are going to fight with you as long you ask us to, and probably a bit longer.

    I know you are tired. I know you are weary. I also know you are beautiful, wonderful, and strong and that you are His. I know that you will fight until you win. Please continue to ask the Lord for some of the power you weren't able to bring with you from Heaven. He has sent you so much already... he is giving you as much as you need, just keep taking it.

    I would, without a doubt, do exactly what you are doing. I would make the choices you are making. I would fight as hard as you are fighting, and if you were my mother I would want you to fight until the fight is over. Every day- you are the winner, every single day. You've never lost. Our prayers are being answered, Heaven is giving us all they can without completely breaking the rules. When this fight is over, you will know that you got every bit that you could get and then some. And you will be walking again, not hobbling. You will be running. 2 steps behind those kids and their kids!
    Love you Bri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bri!!! We love you so much and are so grateful for the unwavering example of faith and perseverance that you are to all of us. Smile, cry, do whatever you want, you're amazing and you deserve every happiness in creation!!! You know you're in our prayers and that if there's anything we can ever do for you, we will in a heartbeat. Take care, sweet cousin!
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri, your still one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met, inside and out. Nothing will ever change that. We're still praying for you daily.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bri, I am soooo sorry you had to get those news, it really makes me sad. I know how strong you are, but I also know these news were not easy for you and your family. I hope you know you are constantly in our prayers. We will pray more earnestly for you and your health, and for the strength you need. We love you, even though we are soo far away. If these two coming years you want to visit Nauvoo, you have a place here while we live in this area.
    Rob and I really hope for the best outcome for you during all this process. I know the Lord with lead you and carry you in His arms along the way. We sent you our love and cheer for you. You can do this!

    Love

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way! I thinking the idea of you writing a book is excellent. I have some friends you can talk to who can help you. They are writers and have guided people who have wanted to write about their lives. Let me know if you already have someone like that. These friends are in UT, but I can get you in contact with them by phone and email.

    ReplyDelete